Bryan and I are preparing for our trip to New York City tomorrow. It's a very quick trip, a blink of an eye, really. But I haven't been to New York in years, so I'm excited. I'm also hoping to find the Fabulous Miss Theresa in her fancy Manhattan neighborhood if I get a chance. Also, I'm hopeful that it's slightly cooler up there than it is in Atlanta (where, shockingly, it hasn't been that brutal!). You know you're adapted to Southern weather when you wear a cardigan outside when it's 94 degrees.
Anyways, Bryan came home inspired tonight. He's been throwing around the idea of an all-inclusive honeymoon for some time. I didn't know what that meant. A resort somewhere, a cruise? As I've mentioned, I don't have a preference. I just want to sleep, eat, drink, and spend time with him (and not necessarily in that order!). So I was excited when he came home to talk to me about the possibility of Antigua or St. Lucia. Truth be told, we seem to be leaning towards Antigua for no apparent reason. Both places look INCREDIBLE! We've gotta do more research, but I finally feel like the planning for the honeymoon is really underway.
Other than this recent progress, there's no other wedding news to report. I think I may have congratulated myself in the last blog regarding my splendid idea for favors and place card holders. If I didn't do it in the last blog, then I'll say it now: the favors will rock. I'm really excited. I've gotta start the process of pricing and ordering, but I'm pretty sure I know what they'll be. I am still waiting on my invitation proofs from La Belle Wedding. I'm really excited to see them!!
Finally, this week marks my last week in the lab in which I've spent the past 7 years of my life. I'm officially finished working for The Big E on Wednesday. Ironically, the tutoring center is on "July Break" starting July 1st. This means I'll have approximately 6 days where I'm not responsible for any sort of work. I don't know what I'll do. Will I sleep? Clean? Create work for myself (writing, reading papers, job searching, etc.?) This is going to be so interesting. I certainly will be blogging more as finishing up in the lab and tutoring has kept me running around quite a bit the past few weeks!
Before I get to packing for our trip, I want to send Congratulations to two wonderful couples that are celebrating their engagements: Christine and Rob got engaged over Father's Day weekend (also Christine's b-day weekend!) and Will and Meredith got engaged last evening!!! I can't wait to hear proposal stories and listen to their adventures through the process of planning their respective weddings! I'm sure both will be absolutely beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment