Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well, at least I got some rest!

Ok, no pictures this time. But after a evening of many conversations about this blog, I figured I should update you, my 6 readers (I think there may be 6 of you now!!!), about the events of yesterday's excursions.

Bryan and I went to the drive-in Friday night with M.O.H. Nicole and her man, Dan. This week I wanted to treat M.O.H. Nicole and Bridesmaid Lindsay for the incredible shower they threw last month. Lindsay and I were fortunate enough to spend some time together on Tuesday night and Nicole and I on Wednesday. But since Nicole insisted I didn't have to buy her dinner (Lindsay insisted the same thing, but I was possibly even more pushy on Tuesday?), I threw out the, "well, we can grill out at the drive-in!" idea (and yes, I still need to spoil my Pennsylvania-based bridesmaids silly for all their hard work, as well!).
So we did head to the drive-in, and it was so much fun! But as with any drive-in night, a double feature that starts at 9pm means we don't home until late. (We saw Shrek and Ironman 2 - Shrek was awesome. Ironman 2...what I saw was good, but it was late and I was sleepy).

I set my alarm for 8:30 on Saturday, and even though Bryan got up to watch the USA/Australia soccer game, he didn't wake me shortly after I hit the "OFF" button. Instead, I ended up sleeping until 11am! Not a good start when you're on a schedule (but Bryan knows no timetables). I was hoping to be at La Belle Weddings at 11am, instead we didn't get there until 1:30!!! We had an appointment with our realtor at 2:15!!!

When we walked into La Belle at 1:30, I thought, "Ok, I have the info on this invitation that I like, they just have to pull it out and Bryan approve it". Instead, there was a girl ironing linens that asked if she could help us. "Yes, we're looking for this specific invitation. I was here a few weeks ago and wrote all the information on it, I just want him to see if he likes it." I was answered with a blank stare. "Um, it's one of your most popular designs, all of the cards are included, it's gold??" Nothing. "Here's the item number, does this help?"

"It would be in one of those books..." she said as she pointed to a good 20 invitation books on a shelf. Because there was NO way I was figuring that one out for myself. Yes, I know it's in an invitation book, but I have no idea WHICH book it's in.

She returned to ironing linens and Bryan and I started to search through every book.

Finally, another woman walks in (holding the lunch she had just run out to get) and asks if she can help us. "Yes, we're looking for this specific invitation," I told her. "Oh, it's in this one." And she immediately pulled it out for us to see. We had almost gotten to that book, but probably had about 4 to go. And what do you know - Bryan liked it!!!! SUCCESS!!! We have an invitation!!!
Bryan then selected his monogram and we talked briefly about motifs, but ultimately, we had to run out the door to try to meet Tina Marie on time.

Our first house-hunting excursion in a few weeks, since we lost the house we really liked, was interesting. We began the day with 13 houses on the list. 4 hours later we had looked at all 13 houses and seen alot of really great places. This is somewhat abnormal becuase we weren't driving up to a house and nixing it right away (there's usually some of those in a regular mix). The big thing for us right now is finding a yard that suits us. We want a good amount of space for Maggie and the babies (both human, and canine!) that will be outside playing with her. We want to be able to sit out and enjoy the yard. Every yard we saw yesterday didn't compare to the house we had bid on. So we're still mourning slightly.

Anyways, come 6pm, Men's Wearhouse (Bryan's first stop for tuxedo shopping) closed. So we were out of luck on accomplishing everything on our to-do list for the day. But we continued the night with a nice dinner of leftovers from the previous nights and a great birthday party for our friend Roland (where the aforementioned conversations regarding the blog took place).

As I conclude this blog, Rafa has just won his 5th French Open (I think that's what they said earlier) and I am about to head out to meet the lovely Megan and lovely Emily for an afternoon of "Sex and the City 2". I have to see it, ok? I just do. I'll let you know what I think either later tonight or tomorrow. I am still aiming to get pictures up, but I will have a somewhat busy afternoon post-movie because I've gotta prepare to teach my first ACT Math class tomorrow and I've gotta finish some work on a manuscript for The Big E (something I am going to try to accomplish tonight). Then, of course, the Flyers are on!!!

Long story short: Invitations = thumbs up, houses = progress made, thumbs up, tuxes = ???? I have a feeling this week is going to include several weeknight runs to get things done. We're at less than 4 1/2 months!!! Oh, I need a Cosmo...or at least, I need to watch people drink them. To the movies, I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment