Wednesday, August 18, 2010

RSVP, hotel, and transportation FAQs

I figured I'd mention a few things while I enjoy my delicious egg-salad sandwich at my desk this afternoon. Can you believe we're at the point of this process where people are really in high-gear planning their respective trips down South? This is probably the most technically-driven blog I've written (I will write a more fun blog later when Bryan's at the baseball game and I'm home from work), but I've been hearing a lot of talk about this the last few days so I wanted to take the opportunity to clear some things up:

1.) The RSVP for the wedding and the rehearsal dinner are SEPARATE. Bryan's Mom, my future-M.I.L., is the official hostess of the rehearsal dinner. If you received a rehearsal dinner card in your invitation (for the wedding party and out-of-town guests), you need to e-mail or call Bryan and let him know you're coming. We need a count so that we can ensure we have enough food, drink, and seating for everyone, so please don't forget to do that!

2.) A couple of notes on the hotel: you should have received an accommodations insert with the invitation (if you did not get this, NEVER mention it to me, my head might explode - Nicole and I worked incredibly hard and diligently, so everyone should've gotten one). The address for our host hotel, Homewood Suites by Hilton in Lawrenceville is on the insert. But to make your life easier, here's the link:
http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/groups/personalized/
ATLHWHW-GTZ-20101013/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

You must have your reservations made by October 1st in order to get the group rate. How serious are hotels about these deadlines? Bryan booked our hotel for Frank and Christine's wedding after the deadline and paid full price. They're serious.

As far as getting to the hotel from the airport: If you do not intend to rent a car, you should know that a cab ride to the hotel from the airport is $75.00. It is a 40-mile drive from the airport to the hotel as the airport is South of downtown Atlanta and our hotel is North of Atlanta. In addition, there is a shuttle service you can take, but it is $35.00. I am not receiving a commission from the rental car places, but I should be because my advice is to rent a car. If you are staunchly against it and need to coordinate being picked up from the airport (and being taken back to the airport), please contact me as soon as possible and I will try to work it out by arranging pick-up/drop-off somehow. You can reach me at tomboybride2010@gmail.com. Please don't wait until a week or two before the wedding or you will get a message back that says, "I am stressed, you're on your own". Ok, maybe I won't be that cold, but I will pull my hair out. And I'd really like to have hair for my wedding day, so just try to let me know well in advance, please.

That egg-salad sandwich was delicious, but it is time for me to get back to work. If there are any logistical questions that come up in multiple conversations, I will be addressing them here. But as always, if you have any specific questions or concerns, please e-mail myself or Bryan. Wedding pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment