Even though my fantasy of having pine cone invitations did not come true (and not for lack of trying!), I am incredibly happy with the way the invitations turned out. I think they're quite nice. They're coordinated with the colors of the wedding, they're definitely practical and they have the monogram that Bryan so badly wanted (and that I actually like - there's no B.S.!). But now it's getting the invitations to our invitees that seems to be the problem. I knew that square envelopes would require extra postage, but hot damn! They require LOTS of extra postage! Multiply that by 110 invitations and you have me baring my teeth at the post office. Aside from that, the post office didn't even have the stamps I needed in stock!! I'm sorry, isn't this the place that makes the stamps? I'm confused. So we're waiting again. I'm told the stamps take a day to ship. Can't they ship, like, NOW?!? They're the post office!!!
In happier news, M.O.H. Nicole and I made the trek to Abby's Floral Designs this morning to check out my practice bouquet. While I had e-mailed Abby awhile ago regarding some changes I wanted made to my bouquet (our initial consultation occurred before I had gotten my dress), I was so happy we had made this appointment because I had plenty of opinions once I saw the bouquet (which is shocking given that months ago I had NO idea what I wanted). I don't want to give too much away, but we changed the concept of my bouquet completely and with it, we even made some changes to the bridesmaid bouquets (which I also got to see and were GORGEOUS!). In addition, we worked on the centerpieces and I'm so happy with those as well!!! Again, I don't want to give too much away, but brace yourselves for pine cones, people!!!
After our appointment, M.O.H. Nicole said that she could really imagine the evening now with what we got to see, but she hadn't yet seen the venue. SCREEEECH! That was me taking a u-turn. Abby is located only a few miles from the venue, so if M.O.H. Nicole wanted to visit the Payne-Corley House, then by gosh, that was what we were gonna do! So we turned around and headed into Historic Duluth.
We were warmly greeted as always by everyone at the PCH. It makes me so excited every time I am there for our whole event. I mean, I'm in a general state of excitement anyways, but even more so when I'm there - just the ambiance. It's so beautiful there!
So although it was a productive morning, there is plenty more to be done. I am headed out to tutor this afternoon and then hopefully tonight Bryan and I will continue to work on all things wedding (his latest project is his wedding band). I'll aim for another update this weekend before we leave for Charlotte. Enjoy the rest of your week!
It was a fun morning! I'm really excited after seeing the flowers in person as well as the PCH. Everyone is in for a beautiful night!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nicole! You are the best M.O.H. ever for coming with me! I was really happy with the flowers we got to see, and I think Abby's done a great job so far. The PCH rocks, I'm so glad you got to take a look at it!
ReplyDelete