Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If the dress fits...

I was going to sign on to the internet again during my flight back to Atlanta, but got sidetracked by a particularly riveting issue of Women’s Health. It’s ridiculous, I can not go into the airport without spending money. A magazine and a bottle of water? $8 Internet on-board? $9.95…really, what’s the difference?

What I didn’t prepare for was President Obama’s flight landing at exactly the time we were supposed to board – which was actually cool as I got to watch Air Force One land – but slightly disturbing since I had just watched 2012 before leaving my parents’ house. This meant, however, that I was finished the entire issue, cover-to-cover, within the first 30 minutes of the flight.

When I debated signing on the internet for the last hour or so of the flight, I thought about the advantages: distracting myself from the stress of flying. It seems I am relaxed in front of my computer, go figure. However, I don’t want to be on the computer tonight when I get home as Bryan will need some TLC since I didn’t see him all weekend. So I am retro-writing this blog, meaning it’s being written on the flight but will be posted at some point on Monday.

Without further adieu, here is the weekend in review!

Friday, I was exhausted but excited it was my birthday – that’s when you, in the blogosphere, last heard from me. My parents took me out to dinner at a local steakhouse that was oh-so-delicious. It was slightly chilly in the area, but I had my first Butternut Squash soup of the season – I LOVE it!!! There is nothing better than Butternut Squash when it’s starting to get cold. My favorite veggie! After my second steak dinner in 2 days, I was ready to hang with my brother, Bridesmaid Melissa, Greg, Jim, Jim’s gf Mary, and the Zaccarelli/Zaccarelli-McMullin girls.

I told myself (and everyone else) it wouldn’t be a late night and I wouldn’t have more than 1 beer (even though my own policy now is no more beer until the wedding). At 2:30 in the morning, I hadn’t gone too far over the beer ceiling I had set for myself, but I realized I’d be running on little sleep for the rest of the weekend. But as the Zaccarelli sisters said, “You don’t come home that often!”…And We Danced…

Saturday morning I was back at Betty’s Bridal for my final dress fitting, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, believe it or not. Also looking beautiful was Momma-to-be, Bridesmaid Mrs. Smith who met the M.O.B. and I at Betty’s.

I will say this and only this about the fitting: The Dress Is Glorious. I couldn’t be happier and I hope you all think the same of it when you see me in it. It is truly me.

The fitting did go smoothly, so I haven’t had any kind of weird weight fluctuations (not that I was expecting any as my size has been the same since pre-puberty, but after Thursday through Sunday dessert feedings - and Monday afternoon gelato, I have a heck of a lot of working out to do in the next few weeks. But I will say this, I don’t regret one delicious morsel of the Brownie Sundae, Blondie, Mint Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream or Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!). And we added the finishing touches to the complete ensemble.

After the fitting, I got a sneak-peek at Baby Smith’s nursery, followed by a delicious Olive Garden lunch. Then the M.O.B. and I went to the King of Prussia mall (which I used to be able to navigate like a champ!) to shop for her finishing touches. Saturday night, my parents took me to see The Town. I highly recommend it. It was awesome!

Sunday morning, I was up for breakfast with my parents and then my friend Stacie Lin-Taylor came to my parents’ house to consult with me about Bridesmaid Jewelry from Stella and Dot. I am extremely happy with the selections we made and I hope all of the lovely ladies in our Bridal Party are as well. Then there was a special appointment Sunday afternoon we were attending (yes, it was wedding-related and yes, it’s a surprise). Following that appointment, the M.O.B. and I went to the Springfield Mall to continue to shop for her and for anything else I thought we might need for the wedding. We ended up finding Mom the perfect jewelry for the wedding, so she was very happy about that. And then I was off to a local establishment to watch the remaining football games with Jim, Greg, and Mary.

By the end of the evening, I was pooped and ready to unwind by watching the trashiest show I could think of, Bachelor Pad. Monday morning, I finished my remaining Thank You cards (which I have owed to people for a full month and I am so sorry!). My strategy of trying to do them in batches might not have been the best one as some have gotten their’s and some haven’t. And there was no order to who got a card when – we appreciate everyone’s thoughtfulness and generosity equally! So if you are wondering why I’m so rude and you haven’t received a Thank You, I guarantee you, it’s on it’s way!

Tomorrow morning, I will be returning to Abby’s Floral Designs to finalize all of the details. I can’t believe we have only 25 days to go! Now it’s time for the fun stuff: the table cards are almost finished and need to be printed, the escort cards must be printed, we have to go get our marriage license, my hair and make-up trial with Mary Beth is next weekend and…well, that’s almost it! I just have to touch base with our DJ and make sure he’s still planning on showing up (that would be a bummer), and next week is our final meeting with The Payne-Corley House!

No comments:

Post a Comment