Friday, September 24, 2010

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

So this is what it's like staring your Wedding Day in the face 3 weeks out. It's 1AM and I'm typically NEVER awake at this time. My mind is racing with excitement. And I'm hoping the excitement doesn't manifest itself this way on The Big Day as I feel slightly nauseous - although it might be that sausage and pepperoni pizza I ate around 10PM. Remind me never to write a book about dieting for your wedding day. I have a feeling I'd get sued.

Ok, first piece of exciting news. Bridesmaid Mrs. Smith had her baby girl, Audrina Brooklynn. She's gorgeous!!! I can't wait to meet her on my next visit home (although I am wishing Miss Audrina would've made her appearance just a few days ahead of time since I was home!) But I am living vicariously through all the Facebook pictures of everyone holding her. Mommy and Baby are healthy and doing well!

As far as wedding plans are concerned, it is ironic that I'm running through to-do lists in my head right now given that I was telling Emily just today how in control of everything I am. Bryan is headed out of town for his Bachelor Party this weekend (the story is they're going to Helen, GA for Octoberfest but I wouldn't be shocked to find a plane ticket to Vegas somewhere in the apartment eventually).

Before he heads off for his weekend, Bryan and I are off to the courthouse in the morning to get our marriage license. Then I'm going to start my run-around. I'm, for the first time in my life, driving a car that's 3 years old so I need an emissions test done before I can renew my registration. What a bummer. I think I'll go back to my old lifestyle of driving a new car before the car hits 3 - just not on a year that I get married. Not the best time to buy a new car. Then I get to pay a special visit to our friendly neighborhood jeweler - I'm going to reveal the details on this in an upcoming blog. I think over the next few weeks, I'll give out some details little by little so that you can look for them at the wedding. The other things on my to-do list include starting to stalk our vendors to make sure everything is as it should be. Remember, by the end of the 2nd week of October I want everything done!!! And I'm so close to attaining that goal!

One note: I am printing escort and table cards this weekend. Even this morning, I was still getting requests for putting this person here or there. I'll save you all the energy: I'm not changing this anymore. I've done my best on the tables and I thought I did a great job. If you don't like your table, you'll have all cocktail hour to try to get people to switch with you. Or if you don't like your table, it's all-you-can-drink wine and beer - any table is fun after you drink a bottle of wine, trust me. Frankly, I don't know how not liking your table would be possible given that everyone attending this wedding is awesome. But if you prefer to sit with this person or that person, remember - it's MY DAY!!! I mean, our day. It's our day. Remember, you can always stare at the pine cones on your table and enjoy your dinner :-)

And if things have changed and you can no longer make the wedding or things have changed and you can make it, please try to let me know by Tuesday the 28th. That's the night of our final planning meeting with PCH!

Also, if you haven't booked your hotel room, please head over to our page on The Knot or follow this link to our webpage with Homewood Suites: http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/groups/personalized/ATLHWHW-GTZ-20101013/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

I always thought that when the day/weekend came that my husband-to-be was headed to his Bachelor Party, I'd be in a complete panic. Instead, I'm thinking of all the fun things I get to do while he's gone. Tomorrow, Maggie and I are hanging out together. Girls Night In. I'm taking her to get her nails done (clipped - she doesn't get a Pawdicure, she's not quite that spoiled) then I've giving her a bath when we get home. I think it's time for an endless night of Sex and the City DVDs.

Saturday is my hair and make-up trial with Mary Beth. Everyone's been asking me my plan on my hair. The truth of it is, I have an idea and I don't really want to reveal it as of right now. We'll see how it works out, but I'm 100% confident Mary Beth will make it perfect. Then Saturday night, I get to go out on the town with the girls before Bryan returns on Sunday from Helen (Vegas?).

My husband-to-be is finally getting sleepy (it's his usual bedtime). I'm still hyper but I'm going to try to relax and call it a night. Will I get any sleep these last 3 weeks of planning? I have a busy weekend ahead but will try to update about the jewelry surprise (or maybe not a surprise to some of you that have known my lust for a particular piece of jewelry in my life) sometime this weekend. Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment