As promised, the pictures from our incredible Engagement Party at the Heegaard home are here!! Don't get any ideas about the prop you see in this first picture...it was used to bust open the Champagne Bottle Pinata (prior to Eric finishing the job with a samurai sword!) (P.S. Pay no attention to the glowstick in the front of my dress...sorry, Mom!).
Also pictured above is the amazing cake brought by Mary Beth and Bob. Most of the cake was gone by the time the party ended, but luckily our faces were still intact and now reside in our fridge. Bryan has mentioned wanting to try the cake, but I think he's a little freaked out by eating...well, us.
Below is a picture of Bryan and myself with Tatum, Meredith, and Jill. To the right of that picture is me with Maid of Honor Nicole and Bridesmaids Tatum and Lindsay.
Below you can see Roland rocking out behind Hicks and Jill. If you look up check out those green lights!!!
Oh, I love my, uh...I mean our, everyday flatware!!! Thank you Jon and Sonia!!! I just want to kiss it!!!
Oh, I just want to pet it...
Sonia: "I just want to eat off matching flatware when I come over, bitch!"
Okay, so Sonia of course didn't say that. But I'm extremely excited (as if you couldn't tell) about being able to host my future-in-laws and actually serve them with matching flatware (and hopefully, at some point dishware!).
I hope you all enjoyed the pictures!! We wish we had taken more, but we were trying to get in some serious training time of being able to talk to about 40 people throughout a given period of time....a task I felt, at times, we were failing miserably at...how on Earth are we going to manage to talk to everyone at the wedding given that this number will quadruple??
I've started trying to strategize this in my head. Part of the problem is we pick the music, so if we pick music we like, obviously we are going to want to dance to it (and/or sing). I'm going to try to convince Bryan that for a portion of the night we'll play somewhat sucky music and during that time, people will stay in their seats, gripe about our crappy DJ (we'll claim to have nothing to do with his poor taste), and we'll be able to make our rounds! I've already admitted to myself that we won't be eating (again, a task I failed miserably at this weekend since I stuffed my face the second I got in the door). But if you have any suggestions with regards on how to give all of your guests proper attention, please let me know!
I will follow up later this week with a blog assuming the "Snow-i-cane" or whatever it is the Pennsylvanians are predicting this time doesn't keep me from my wedding dress shopping excursion. And if the Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse/Snowtastrophe or whatever other cute nicknames are out there result in cancelled flights Northward, well...watch out, Atlanta, someone's going shopping!!!
LOVE the pictures, they turned out awesome!
ReplyDeleteGlad you captured E kicking Hick's arse!
ReplyDeleteCute pics! I love that dress!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tatum, I'm glad you like them. And thanks, Melissa! That dress is one of my very favorite dresses that I've ever had. I love it!!! Told you it all lived up to the hype :-)
ReplyDelete