Cause I got to hang out with my sistas this weekend, get it?? My attempt at a cute title for the post.
Ok, now that the madness of the weekend has died down, I have found the peace of mind that I needed to be able to start this post. But before we get to the recurring nightmare that is our gift registry, we'll start out on a happier note: Bridesmaid Dresses.
Even though the weather was miserable, my three in-town ladies (M.O.H. Nicole, Bridesmaid Lindsay G., and Bridesmaid Tatum) met me at David's Bridal following my late morning tutoring session. The trip couldn't have been more fun. Lindsay and Tatum tried on the same dresses at the same times which allowed for great conversations regarding what each lady found comfortable/most flattering. Nicole went in for another go-round with her two favorite dresses. As expected, everyone looked fantastic. In fact, they look so fantastic in the dresses, we could barely figure out which one to pick for whom! (In the end, Lindsay fell in love with one and Tatum admitted she'd be more comfortable in the other...worked out perfectly!). Nicole remained up in the air about which dress she'd prefer...the conflicts that arise when you have a great figure for any dress! We concluded our afternoon at Chili's with some Southwestern Egg Rolls, nachos, and pomegranate margaritas.
As usual, I can not sing the praises of my bridesmaids enough. Every aspect of wedding planning has been so much fun. I'm learning this is something that transcends distance as I routinely bombard Bridesmaids Tami, Mrs. Smith, and Melissa with questions/chatter/envelope stuffing?! I'm not a Bridezilla, I swear! This is going to end in a very tearful thank you at the rehearsal dinner, I can just feel it, as I routinely weep from time to time throughout this process anyways...good tears!!
Bryan and I ventured over to BBB to continue our sentencing...I mean, our gift registry. One thing that does concern me is my Mom always said (when she worked for J.C. Penney's Gift Registry) that she could pick out the couples that would stay together versus those who would break up. Given that 3/4 of the way into our Sunday gift registry session, I ended up in PetSmart (next door to BBB), I wondered what my Mom would say if she were our registry advisor (I guesstimate she would've given us 3 years watching us bicker over everyday dinner plates: "The Berry design is for GIRLS!" - guess who gave us that precious one-liner).
I will say that even after leaving BBB VERY annoyed with Bryan (a 20-minute discussion about a clear shower curtain liner will do this to you), one heated venting session with Lindsay G. and six games of Mario later, I was fine. Is this weird? Could our future marital woes be cured by the therapy that is a bitch-session with a girlfriend and Super Mario Brothers for the Wii? I think I may be onto something here...
I am overall happy with what is on our registry though, although watching television at any point in time triggers at least four-five more items that I desperately need (today, for example, it was pastry bags, I'd never even THOUGHT about filling my cannelloni with them!!!). I've also figured out the perfect way to deal with Bryan scanning things that make no sense: come home, log in to the registry, and delete! I've conceded to myself that if there is something that he notices after the wedding that we did not get that he wants so desperately (i.e. a set of black sheets...for our guest room that has a light green quilt...), I'll suck it up and get it for him after the fact. My hypothesis? He won't even remember "wanting it/needing it" or whatever he talked himself into that day ("Black goes with anything!"). And given that we've reached a point on the registry where the last few things will probably be added on-line (yes, I've admitted to myself no one is going to buy us a Dyson, but this doesn't mean I won't register for one after copious amounts of research!), I can say that the wedding registry stress is over!!!
For this week, it's all about flowers and music...just in time for Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment