Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh, good, more basketball....

There hasn't been much to report as of lately after our amazing engagement photo session last week. The remainder of the week was insanely busy with work and more work. We did manage to have a lovely Easter weekend, however. Friday night, we went bowling with our friends, Will and Meredith. I would like to give a public overview of our night out bowling, but to start, a little history lesson: I have been a terrible bowler from the time I was a kid. My Mom wanted me to be good, so she had me bowl in a league. And instead, I stunk (although, so did everyone else). I never really liked doing it either, except for a brief flirtation with disco bowling when I was 19 - and that was really only because as Greg, Jim and Co. turned 21, they were able to go to the bars and I wasn't. So the Genuardi's crew often headed to Chichester Lanes - good times.

Why admit to this lack of talent? Because about a year ago, for the first time in my life, I broke 100 while bowling with Bryan! We have probably bowled 3 or 4 times since and I had not broken 100 again....until this past Friday night. I crushed it - 118. I was ecstatic! I had 2 strikes and 2 spares - or "marks," as Bryan informed me. This news was made even more exciting by the fact that Bryan, usually a very good bowler, finished with a score of 112. Hahahahahaha.

Ok, so he came back and crushed me the next game. But it was really fun to taunt him while it lasted. And even if I never beat him again, I will always remember that 118.

Saturday was mainly work and...oh, yeah, the Final Four was on. Great.

Finally, Sunday (after a bit of Church-related drama), we managed to make the 12:15pm Mass on time and stopped at Kroger afterwards to get the ingredients for a "special dinner" that I subsequently threw in the slow cooker Dean had left at our place the previous week (gosh, I love the slow cooker). The night ended with lots and lots of poker-watching, as usual.

So anything wedding-related going on? Not really. But I am super excited to say that because we are able to stalk our guests on-line (meaning, we can see who has booked), I found out that our first guests are officially booked at the Homewood Suites!!! Zaccarellis and McMullins, we know you're coming!!! It thrills me to have the guest manager on-line through Homewood Suites, but I do think this means that if you make me mad, I can cancel your reservation.... I'm kidding, I wouldn't do that!!!

Remember, if you haven't booked your stay and you're thinking about doing that sometime soon, all of the info can be found on our webpage via The Knot (as well as in previous blog posts). If I wasn't so brain-dead due to the hours of basketball coverage I've been subjected to today, I'd have the energy to post the link again.

Two other exciting things on the horizon:
1.) House-hunting. We have narrowed down our areas of interest and our price range and are hard at work with a realtor to take the buyers' plunge!!! I'm not quite certain if we start visiting properties this weekend or next, but I'm ready to get started on this.

2.) And finally, Giada DiLaurentiis is coming to Atlanta!!! I went to Sur La Table today and got her newest book (and my ticket for Friday night's appearance!). Now I have to figure out what to wear...a summer dress? Cute shorts and a cardigan? This is very nerve-wracking. I hope I can get a picture with her. I just love her. I've been watching her for YEARS and have 3 of the 4 cookbooks she's published (I'm not quite certain why I don't have the 4th...should I add it to the registry?).

Anyways, plenty of blog-worthy things going on. I'm still at a loss with respect to our invitations. If anyone knows of any good websites or invitation companies, please let me know.

Until later, I'm rooting for Butler because their mascot is a Bulldog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment